A World Of Color

A World Of Color

Friday, January 18, 2013

Psoriasis

I wanted to do a blog today about something unrelated to makeup, which is a major problem for me.

I have sever Psoriasis all over my body.  

I treat my condition with creams, sprays and injections.  Let me tell you, that's not an easy thing to go for every 3 months.  The nurse will inject me with Cortisone into the areas that are "flared up" which happen to be the most common areas like my hands, knees, elbows, bottoms of my feet and tops of my feet.  I also have it in sporadic spots on my torso, upper thighs, and my face.  

It seems to be best in summer, UV light helps a bunch!

The areas within my face that are affected are that of my eyes and nostril area.  Which make it hard some days to put make up on and not look all blotchy or stay on my face.  I use creams but sometimes it's like the creams fail to do what I need them to do. 

It is a condition people don't understand. 

The other day I was at work and a customer says to me as I put her merchandise into the bag, "Oh do you have Eczema?", I replied, "No, I have sever Psoriasis."  Then she said, "That's contagious!"  

Now those who know me know I am a blunt person when it involves people who really don't think before they speak.  I responded "If it were contagious do you really think I would be here working?"  She replies, "Umm, I guess not."

It's people like this lady who make it hard for us with conditions we are unable to control, even if medication has been given to help control the situation.  

I want you all to know that no matter what life challenges you may have, embrace them because they are a part of who you are.  

I know I am very self conscious of my condition and I know it bothers me when people point out my condition to me, like I had no idea I have it. 

Which reminds me about a funny day I had about a week ago. Totally off topic here. 

As most of you may know by now, I have bright pink hair.  I love it by they way. 

So this middle aged man is checking out at the store I work at and he says, "Your hair is pink!, Why is it pink?" 

I responded with, " Because that's the way I like it, I enjoy being different.  You don't make a statement unless you stand out in a crowd!"

Then I went to the back room and told a co worked what just happened.  She said to me, " You should have dropped everything and replied with, What do you mean my hair is pink?"  

I died laughing when she said that.  I can totally see myself playing out this scenario!
 

 



The moral of this blog is to let everyone know that no matter what you may appear to look like on the outside, whether it be choice in hair color or skin conditions, don't let the negativity of others put you down. 

You are who you are and people who really care will look past all your flaws. 

I have always said this quote, 

Be who you are not what others want you to be!

Have a great day y'all :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.